Category – At Risk / Very High Risk Max Weight – 40 stone / 254kg
The Equazone is a very high risk pressure relieving air cushion.
Equazone self-inflates to the correct pressure relieving level every single time – no pump needed. No air cushion is easier to set up.
Worried about punctures or loss of air? No need.
The cushion has reinforced welded seams across all quadrants. On the unlikely even it does leak, Equazone is backed up by a medium risk pressure relieving foam.
Equazone can be used in all settings where a pressure relieving cushion is required. It’s already been proven successful in;
- Chairs at home
- Riser Recliners
- Hospital chairs
- Hospital discharge
- Care and Residential Homes
…and we’re sure pretty much wherever a cushion is needed for pressure sore prevention.
- Instant support for your clients’ needs
- Reduced pressure under vulnerable areas
- Stabilised by unique quadrants of air
- 40 stone weight limit
- No pump required
- Removable strap – we understand a strap isn’t suitable in some settings
Female stroke patient, North Midlands, 66 years old, 24 stone
This client has used over ten cushions in the last few years since her stroke, between the Wheelchair Therapist and District Nursing Team they have been unable to find a solution that she finds comfortable as well as reducing the increased pressure on her right side due to her lean.
Several trials were carried out over a weekly basis on a gel cushion, static air cushion and the Equazone. All cushions pressure mapped ok for the lady but the Equazone managed to significantly reduce the pressure under the lady’s right IT as well as provide her with the comfort she hadn’t felt for a few years. She is now happily using the Equazone on her wheelchair and armchair at home every day, there are no longer any signs of redness on her skin but most of all she is no longer in pain when sitting.
Equazone Technical Information
- Code: LLEQMR LLEQML
- 40 stone Weight limit
- 2-year warranty
- Features removable strap, which helps in securing the cushion to most style of chairs
- Fire retardancy details:
- Flame retardant complies with BS7176:1989, Ignitability Source 0,1 & Crib 5. Please keep away from sharp objects and direct heat, including cigarettes.
Cushion usage instructions
- Undo all four valves
- Leave cushion for 30 seconds to inflate
- Place all 4 valves back in securely
- To secure cushion, fasten strap around the chair
- Cushion is now ready to use
To store for re-use
- Release all four on the cushion
- Hold one end of the cushion with both hands then roll and squeeze up two sections
- Press two valves back in
- Repeat for the other two valves
- Use strap to tie around deflated cushion and store for re-use
Wipe clean with a soft cloth moistened with warm water and a neutral detergent. Chlorine based cleaning solutions (i.e. bleach) can be diluted to 1%. DO NOT use biological cleaner. Hang to dry.
*instructions and cleaning instructions are also on the rear of the cushion